Space - Server apps and automation in a nutshell
Space is a free, open source and GPL licensed automation tool with a very small footprint.
Space only depends on Bash and it's exported scripts only depends on the simpler POSIX shell, so it practically runs anywhere.
Space uses a modular decentralized system for the sharing and reusing of components.
You can easily do things like:
- Provisioning remote servers
- Installing software and services locally or remote
- Managing servers, services and users
- Connecting to a machine through 10 firewalls using SSH
- Deploying a
docker-composefile located on your laptop onto a server behind a firewall
- Stepping into a Docker container located behind a firewall, using a shell
- Stepping into a Docker volume located behind a firewall, using a shell
- Snapshotting/restoring a Docker volume located behind a firewall
With Space.sh you can do all the above and much, much more.